Friday, May 30, 2008

Food is a Problem

So, I'm hungry right. Happens to everyone- several times daily. Ha. Not so easy for me.

Last night our son had a soccer game, so we had to eat early and get home late. By the time we got home the kid was very ready for bed and we were very hungry. When I get hungry, the choices I make about food become that much more serious. Naturally, hub didn't want to eat any of my bland safe choices, and I wasn't up to cooking two different snacks at 8:30. Plus, I'd been craving fast food for days.

Fast food and I do not mix. It just rarely works out well. Nevertheless, when you can't have it, you want it that much more. So I decided at about 9 to head to Krystal. I know, I know- disgusting you say. Well, clearly you've never had the Ranch Chili Cheese Fries. I was dying for them. I left hub home with the sleeping boy and joined the fast food nation. When I got in line- I couldn't do it. I got hub some food and went home empty handed for myself. It was a total bummer.

There's a part of me that's glad I didn't eat it anyway, because it's so unhealthy. But, there's a bigger part of me that would just really love to eat what I want. I would love to get a craving for something and be able to eat it. Instead I get a craving for something and lament the fact that eating it would make me sick.

That was kind of a bummer.

No comments: